See my A ranking on Angie's List. http://tinyurl.com/lfvlbl8
WHAT IF OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS
AND YOU CAN'T FIND THE DOOR?
It has been proven
that when you get
your life organized,
you create space for something new to enter it -- a new job
or project, a new
business contact or friend, a new idea.
Unfortunately, many people have so much clutter in their lives that they miss many opportunities because there is no path to the door for all the clutter.
Not to mention that they don't have friends or family over because the place is a mess. They spend hours looking for something and then it's too late. They have no mail system so bills stacks up and they miss payments and incur late fees and interest. They don't sleep well because of all the bedroom clutter.
Photos: --The Clutter Whisperer of NYC ® and Zücker, 4 lb assistant
They can't clean their house because of the clutter. Their kids are not learning good organizational habits. And on and on.
They keep saying they'll organize starting tomorrow, but they never do.
Simplicity is the new luxury!
I am The Clutter Whisperer of New York City. I am a professional organizer* who helps people simplify and make over their lives through organization in their homes or offices.
* (aka home organizer, apartment organizer, home office organizer, closet organizer)
Living efficiently in my midtown studio for many years has shaped my downsizing, organizing and decorating sensibilities.
I am a modernist and minimalist. I have somewhat of a Buddhist sentimentality as I aim for simplicity,
practicality, efficiency, style and a Zen-like atmosphere.
I am always
searching for the better mousetrap and new tips 'n tricks to fine-tune my clients' lifestyles and keep the clutter at bay.
I generally do not
recommend buying fancy organizing products. I prefer to rely on creative solutions using items my clients already have in their homes.
I am well acquainted with the basic principles of feng shui for the
home and will make appropriate suggestions to promote energy
I am very experienced and patient with people who have ADD and OCD since some of my clients have these
I will declutter, organize and make over most anything:
- mail and paper files (home or office)
- email and digital files (home or office)
- closets (clothes, linen, coat)
- craft rooms
- mud room
- toy rooms
- wall units / bookcases
- storage units / basements / attics
- electronic cables and wiring
I can also
- set up time management systems
- create a drop zone near your apartment entry
- create an extra closet (depending on wall space)
- orchestrate a move (relocation)
- help you downsize
- stage a home before putting it
on the market
- arrange for tag sales
- inventory belongings for homeowners or renters' insurance purposes
I have a good eye for furniture layout and with some stylistic
tweaking, can help bring a room together in new ways you may
I am a DIY'er, handy, and very knowledgeable with products at The Container Store, Bed, Bath & Beyond,
IKEA, Crate & Barrel, Target, CB2, Muji, Gracious Home et al.
I can recommend charities / thrift stores for your donations, advise you on where to recycle clothes/bags/shoes not good enough for donation, and advise on how to dispose of electronics.
The Clutter Whisperer® works in 2 ways. I can either consult with you, or come in and do the actual organizing alongside you. Most clients prefer the latter.
If you just want to know how to organize, want a plan and feel comfortable executing the plan on your own, then a 2-hour
consultation may be for you. I will come to your home or office,
take the tour, listen to your issues and budget and timing concerns and make recommendations on the spot. Then I will follow up by email within 24 hours with a written detailed plan of action to accomplish your goals.
2. Actual Organizing
If you need the work done immediately, you might
prefer to have
me work alongside you to direct, help purge and create organizational systems.
There is a 5-hour minimum for each organizing visit. My experience is that no
job takes less than 5 hours. Most jobs take no more than 2 visits, although I do visit some clients on a regular "tune-up" basis.
This is what The Clutter Whisperer typically does during an organizing session:
1. Help you declutter and and eliminate possessions you no longer need or want. For example, if you are on the fence about donating that big, space hog of a bread maker, I might suggest donating it in exchange for a 1-1/2 hour no-knead bread recipe that takes no space.
2. Introduce ways/systems to consolidate, store, display and
re-purpose what you keep with consideration given to your work and living styles, to
your needs, to whether you are left or right handed, etc. For example, instead of tossing that ugly tv table, I might suggest painting it in a high gloss color and repurposing it.
3. Share my Top 10 most practical solutions for creating space, or the illusion of space. (Ask me how I could create an extra closet for you!)
4. Offer tips on where to buy certain organizational items, with estimated costs.
5. Send a follow-up email after the session summarizing the repairs and purchases to make and small mop-up projects to complete. Clients tell me that the follow-up email is as valuable to them as the actual organizing session.
The Clutter Whisperer® is a registered trade(service)mark